While your Lennox® heater isn’t able to speak to you, it has a way to get your attention when there’s a furnace error.
Its control board has two LED lights that can display a fault code. Depending on the issue, your heater might show continuous or flashing lights.
Although there are some elementary furnace adjustments you can do on your own, many repairs are best taken care of by experts. When your heating system refuses to kick on or deliver warm air, call Edington Heating & Cooling Inc at 937-558-9478 for expert furnace repair in Troy.
Our experts will swiftly detect and fix the malfunction, even if you don’t own a Lennox heating system. We can fix any brands or configuration—and get the comfort reintroduced to your house quickly.
What Does the Flashing Light on My Heater Mean?
Your furnace uses lights to flash code when it is malfunctioning. It also uses these lights to tell you it’s operating correctly.
Regular function includes:
- Concurrent slow flash—furnace working correctly.
- Concurrent fast flash—heating system is starting to call for heat.
If you see a lone light blinking slowly and the other blinking fast, your furnace could be experiencing a low flame signal. This can occur even when your furnace is working correctly. It signifies the flame sensing rod could need to be cleaned or in the bad area on the burner. Contact us at 937-558-9478 for assistance.
Here are several other of the most common faults for Lennox furnaces.
Furnace Refuses to Start
Here are a few of the light patterns you may notice when your furnace refuses to or keep heating. The bulk of these problems must be handled by an expert, like one from Edington Heating & Cooling Inc.
- Both LED lights are off. This means your heating system might not have power. Examine the breaker box to confirm the furnace fuse is not tripped. Attempt to reset the fuse if it’s in the “off” position. If it promptly flips after you reset it, don’t try to reset it again and call us at 937-558-9478.
- An individual light is stable and the other is flickering slowly. This shows the flame rollout switch is possibly not working right. The component is an essential safety guard that aids in preventing fires and carbon monoxide. You shouldn’t seek to fix this fault yourself.
- An individual light is flashing fast and the other is blinking slowly. This often signifies power polarity has been transposed. Your heating system could have a wiring problem that calls for specialized help from Edington Heating & Cooling Inc.
- The pair of lights are flickering slowly. This signifies your furnace’s blower motor probably isn’t operating. This piece moves warm air from the furnace into your home. We can assist in figuring out what’s causing an issue with this component.
- A single light is flashing slowly and the other is flashing fast. This signifies your heating system might have low voltage or a short circuit. Get in touch with our experts at 937-558-9478 for assistance.
- One light is flashing on, on, off while the other flashes on, off, on. This signifies there might be a malfunction with your heating system’s control board or wiring. Edington Heating & Cooling Inc can determine the problem and repair it.
- Both lights display alternate slow blinks. This indicates your heating system may have a flame failure. There may be an issue with its gas supply, gas valve or ignitor control. Call us at 937-558-9478 for assistance.
- An individual light flashes slowly while the other remains continuous. This typically signifies your heating system’s limit switch is not working. The switch keeps your HVAC equipment from getting too hot. Call the experts at Edington Heating & Cooling Inc for support.
Heating System Blower Runs But No Heat
Here’s what might be broken when you hear your heater’s blower fan on, but you aren’t receiving any heated air.
- The duo of lights display alternate quick flickers. This means your furnace ignitor might be broken. This piece lights energy in your heater to produce warmth and should be repaired by a specialist from Edington Heating & Cooling Inc.
Turn to Us for Expert Furnace Repair
When you have to get your HVAC equipment repaired quickly, trust the technicians at Edington Heating & Cooling Inc. Our technicians will take care of the fault without delay and have your space feeling relaxing again in a short time. Get in touch with us at 937-558-9478 or contact us online to schedule an appointment today.