There’s no getting around the changing weather in Troy, it’s something we all have to be ready for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the front of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to consider annual furnace service as well, but probably not in the way that you had possibly thought.
Energy savings comes in many shapes and forms, including:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners strictly associate furnace service with swapping out filters, but having a tune-up done can help your system run better, providing you with efficient comfort that may help you save on your monthly heating expenses.
- Take It Down A Notch. Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees may help you save consistently during the year. It’s pretty obvious, but when your system doesn’t have to run as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another quick fix that most every homeowner can complete on their own, swapping furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more effortlessly, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not difficult to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to take advantage of caulk and weatherstripping to close those annoying holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Edington Heating & Cooling Inc pro drops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are an upgrade. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping reduce your monthly energy costs.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list complete, but there are a few easy ways to help maximize your comfort when the temperatures dip in Troy. Whether you’re calling to schedule annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is correct for your system, give the team at Edington Heating & Cooling Inc a call at 937-558-9478 to start saving a little more today.