Before you start filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, make sure you schedule time to have your air conditioner examined by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people wouldn’t argue that the summer months in Troy are not the best time for an air conditioner to give out. Scheduling air conditioner service lets you be more proactive and our expert technicians can identify any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups pinpoint areas of concern, but it also keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you should continually check on and maintain to make sure you are maximizing the benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the greatest performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable home is the main purpose, but a properly running air conditioner also helps lower your energy bills and prolongs the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at the very least every three months, so the technician will take a look at the cleanliness of your filter. By not changing your filters, you force your air conditioner to work harder and can also reduce the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are never good things when referring to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause extra stress on your system and too much will impact how efficiently your air conditioner cools.
- Check electrical connections – There are many of moving parts that are included in an air conditioner and when those moving parts become loose it increases the chance of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can accumulate on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can hurt efficiency and cause more energy to be expended.
The experts from Edington Heating & Cooling Inc in Troy offer a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your overall home comfort. Give them a call at 937-558-9478 and keep cool this summer.