Having standard air conditioning service done at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Troy summer, have the professionals at Edington Heating & Cooling Inc conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be done during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if needed, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, rather than illicitly discharging it to the air.
- Inspect for correct airflow in the system.
- Check the correct electric control sequence to guarantee proper sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it frequently. We suggest checking it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Edington Heating & Cooling Inc today at 937-558-9478.