In Troy you depend on your furnace
to keep you warm throughout the chilly time of year. If it’s been a while since you had a standard maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be looking at a furnace repair
visit sooner rather than later. As a minimum, you probably have a dirty air filter, which can obstruct air flow and effect your furnace’s efficiency. It could even produce issues with your furnace’s control switch, which works furnace operation.
There are a lot of other reasons you may need a furnace repair. We’ve assembled some indicators for you to look for. The quicker you can call for a heat pump maintenance, the better. Call in a professional, like Edington Heating & Cooling Inc, if you note any of these indicators:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it working enough? Is it operating all the time? Is the air blowing through as liberally as it should, or does it seem tired? Symptoms related to your blower could suggest a minor problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you turning up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cold? This could be a difficulty with your thermostat. It could be that your furnace is too undersized for your home. It may even be a problem with your gas source or your pilot light, along with other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts operating noisily or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
- You smell gas. You definitely don’t want to mess around with this one. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace at once and cut off its gas supply. Get around lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC technician or your gas company looks at it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Usually this is a blocked condensation line. This could demand both plumbing and HVAC pros to repair.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is rising, but your usage is not, there could be a number of complications. Your HVAC expert will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these signs, you’ll know when you need to arrange furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Edington Heating & Cooling Inc at 937-558-9478 when you need to arrange repairs or regular maintenance.