As warmer weather begins, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Troy? Particularly if your AC unit is newer or was working just fine last summer.
Here’s one way to think about it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never expect to book any service for it, such as changing the oil or putting on new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s a piece of equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can develop leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your equipment checked yearly by a Edington Heating & Cooling Inc pro can help find minor problems before they turn into huge malfunctions. (And cause your air conditioning to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outside your home, it’s more prone to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly lower your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a pro to take care of delicate internal parts.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate in your unit can push it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these problems can lead to increased energy consumption—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could extend your equipment’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and might even help it work longer. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly energy bill and in the long-term, since you won’t have to install new equipment as fast.
- It helps identify little problems before they lead to big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully inspect pieces and perform a series of cooling performance tests. These detailed measures often allow us to find problems before they create big issues that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps ensure trouble-free cooling throughout the summer. After your AC is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is ready to give worry-free air. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the smartest approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this service, your equipment is vulnerable to early breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A premium AC tune-up should have an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll complete:
We’ll check the following spots and pieces:
- Overall system order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Replace air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Maintenance Now with Edington Heating & Cooling Inc
Today is the greatest time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Edington Heating & Cooling Inc pros a call at 937-558-9478 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we visit your residence, don’t forget to look at our discount offers for savings on your next service.