As spring starts, you might be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Troy? Especially if your air conditioning equipment is recently purchased or was running well last year.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new automobile and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving components can malfunction.
Having your system checked seasonally by a Edington Heating & Cooling Inc specialist can help spot little issues before they lead to large malfunctions. (And cause your equipment to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is located outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can negatively affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service delicate internal components.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate in your unit can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy consumption—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and could even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, because you won’t have to get new equipment as fast.
- It helps spot little issues before they become big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly examine parts and complete a set of AC performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to locate issues before they turn into big troubles that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free cooling throughout the warmest days. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is ready to provide worry-free comfort. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this tune-up, your system is open to advanced breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC tune-up should have an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll perform:
We’ll check the subsequent areas and components:
- Overall equipment condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the work we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lube moving pieces
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Tune-Up Today with Edington Heating & Cooling Inc
This week is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Edington Heating & Cooling Inc pros a ring at 937-558-9478 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we visit your residence, make sure to browse our special offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.