As springtime rolls around, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Troy? Especially if your AC equipment is recently installed or was running just fine last season.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never anticipate to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving pieces. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can malfunction.
Having your system checked annually by a Edington Heating & Cooling Inc expert can help spot small issues before they lead to large malfunctions. (And cause your air conditioning to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is located outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate within your system can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy use—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could extend your unit’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, because you won’t have to install new equipment as fast.
- It helps find little issues before they lead to big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely examine components and complete a set of AC performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to locate troubles before they turn into big issues that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free cooling throughout the season. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is ready to provide worry-free comfort. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this work, your system is open to premature breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A quality AC maintenance should have an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll do:
We’ll examine the subsequent locations and components:
- Full equipment condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the services we’ll complete:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lube moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Service Today with Edington Heating & Cooling Inc
Now is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Edington Heating & Cooling Inc pros a ring at 937-558-9478 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we come to your residence, make sure to browse our special offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.