With warmer weather close by, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at its best, it can trim a significant amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could dramatically raise your expenses and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Edington Heating & Cooling Inc specialist complete air conditioning service
at least each year is crucial to keeping your system running efficiently for a long time. He or she can be sure the unit is operating as it should be and can identify possible concerns in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your expert air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during colder months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could hurt your system and require large repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area surrounding your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they could interfere with airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any piece of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or changed during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them each month and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has unique needs when talking about air filter replacement, relying on aspects like owning house pets or performing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also be sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you maintain a comfy home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer offers. Give the pros at Edington Heating & Cooling Inc a call at 937-558-9478.