The essential function of the HVAC Service Technician is to serve the customers of Edington Heating and Cooling by providing general HVAC Service, repair and Installation with an emphasis on quality work, performed efficiently, and following all applicable local and national codes. This position handles service calls to customer in their homes and utilizes customer service training to educate and assist customers in choosing service, products, and finance options. You must know local electrical codes and be able to apply them in a practical manner on each job. Must be able to work with suppliers, co-worker technicians, and office staff to ensure correct project work, while abiding by all codes. Must be able to draw simple diagrams and be able to read other diagrams. A candidate for this position must be willing to pursue, develop and participate in continuing education.
Other job requirements include:
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain the equipment and inventory in your truck for maximum efficiency
- Attend required company meetings
- Attend company or vendor training as required
- Maintain any necessary licenses or certifications which may apply
- Exhibit professional conduct at all times, whether at the job site or driving company vehicles
- Participate in an on-call rotation schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- Strong residential customer service experience, troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Very genuine and personable a must
- Strong steady work history with 5 years minimum as an HVAC technician
- Strong communication skills
- Able to climb in attics, under houses and in box trucks
- Able to lift 50 - 75 lbs.
- Efficient and organized
- Veterans encouraged to apply
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- At least 18 years old
- Able to pass a Criminal background check and drug test, possess a clean driving record and current driver’s license
- Complete a diploma, degree or certificate program in the field
- Have a high level of mental and physical aptitude
Completed specialized courses in residential and commercial wiring practices and having a strong working knowledge of codes and safety measures.